Internet filtering in UAE
United Arab Emirates in very young country buy it is one of the most impressive and fast developing city in the whole world.
Millions of tourists from different countries visit UAE every year. And their number is growing month by month. All these tourist are admire by Dubai's wonder but at the same time all people who visit UAE disappointed by strict Internet censorship in this country.
Islam has a strong influence on the government that anything deemed crucial to its culture is not allowed to penetrate into the country. In the communications and media industries, particularly, the federal government strictly implements specific laws on what to, and not to, propagate. The internet is not exempt from this. Lots of websites which are deemed threat to the moral fiber of Islam are blocked in the country.
Due to this case, many Internet users, especially expatriates, are affected. They complain about limited access to communication portals and crucial information. One expatriate in Dubai, for example, had been whining about his inability to use Skype, an well known messenger for staying in touch with his family back in his home country.
VPN for UAE
But all these problems are in the past. Thanks to technology innovation, internet restrictions can now be easily bypassed. With the advent of virtual private network (VPN), issues regarding limited communication and internet access are looming to become a piece of history.
VPN provide a big number of benefits to subscribers, particularly:
- You can bypass all Internet filters and open any blocked website.
- With VPN privacy you can hide your IP address and geo location
- You can surf anonymously
- Your connection is 100% secure and protected even at wi-fi hotspots.
- All your traffic is encrypted
- It unblocks Skype and Viber in countries like the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Belize, and other Arab nations.
- with VPN privacy you can access Hulu, Netflix, US TV and others services
To those who are apprehensive that VPN might, someday, be subjected to restrictions in this Arab country, you can rest assure that censorship in the United Arab Emirates will not apply because this technology is used by international companies, allowing their employees or members constant access to their network anywhere. In fact, there are already about a hundred VPN providers in the country.
How to setup VPN in iPhone/iPad
To setup a new vpn tunnel on your device with Android system you need to do the next steps.
To create new vpn connection
- Select Home > Menu, and tap Settings
- Select Wireless & networks item
- Select VPN settings.
- Then click Add VPN
- Select the type of your vpn connection - PPTP VPN
- Input your VPN tunnel data: VPN name (you chose it yourself), VPN server address, your vpn login and password that you received from VPN account service in e-mail.
When you need to connect to vpn server please do the next steps:
- Select Home > Menu > Settings
- Tap Wireless & networks
- Tap VPN settings
- The VPN connections you have added are present in the list
- Tap the VPN you wish to connect to (VPN Account)
- A dialog box will open asking for your credentials, enter them and click connect
To Disconnect from the VPN:
Open the notifications panel at the top of the screen on your phone and click on the VPN notification, then select disconnect.
How to setup VPN in iPhone, iPad.
To set up vpn connection on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you need to do the next steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Network > VPN.
- Click Add VPN Configuration.
- Choose PPTP VPN.
- On the next screen please enter you vpn account data. You will receive your vpn server name, username and password in the e-mail from VPN Account.
- Save your vpn configuration.
You can find others vpn setup guides on our setup page.
Please contact us if you have any additional question regarding the vpn. You can try our vpn service for free! Just contact us and ask for free trial.