Windows Vista VPN Setup.These instructions work under all the client-side variations of Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate).
1. Make sure your system is up-to-date. Before setting up your VPN connection, make sure your version of Windows Vista is up to date by running Windows Update.
2. Open the Control Panels. First, click on the Start button and click "Control Panels". This opens up the "Control Panel Home."
3. Click on the "Network and Internet" control panel, which is circled in red below.
4. Click on "Connect to a network."
5. Set up the VPN connection. The next screen may not look quite like this if you have networks already defined. In any case, click on "Set up a connection or Network."
6. Choose the Connection Type. On the next screen, click on "Connect to a workplace" then click "Next."
7. Select the Internet connection. Next click "Use my Internet connection (VPN)."
8. Enter the server information. In the text box labelled "Internet address" ( hilighted in blue) type vpn server address. This is the Internet address of the vpn server.
In the text box labelled "Destination name" (hilighted in green) type "vpn connection". This is the name of the connection, and will show up in the "Connect to a network" screen when we're done.
Lastly, make sure that the checkbox labelled "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later" (hilighted in yellow) is checked.
Then click the "Next" button.
9. Enter your vpnprivacy.org username and password. These are the username and the password that you received by email from VPNPrivacy.
In the text box labelled "User name:" (hilighted in blue), enter your username.
In the text box labelled "Password:" (hilighted in yellow), enter your password.
Optionally, check the "Remember this password" checkbox (hilighted in green) and you won't have to enter your password when you connect to VPN server.
Then, click the "Create" button.
10. Connection is Ready. You should see this screen next. Click the "Close" button to return to the "Network and Internet" screen.
11. Go to the connection. Now click on "Connect to a network" again.
12. Then click on the VPN connection entry and click "Connect".